Avoids forearm twisting for comfort and good health
The patented shape supports your hand in an upright neutral posture that generally avoids forearm twisting. Many users, including medical doctors, ergonomists and physical therapists, said the Evoluent VM4SW VerticalMouse provides superior comfort and even relieved their wrist pain. (The statements herein apply to some current or past users of Evoluent VerticalMouse, but since everyone is different, Evoluent makes no claim or representation that the Evoluent VerticalMouse will prevent, cure, or mitigate any medical condition, disease, injury, pain or discomfort for all users)
Approved mouse of University of California at Berkeley
The Evoluent VerticalMouse 2 (an earlier model identical in concept) was evaluated in 2007 by a team at the health services clinic in UC Berkeley, including medical doctors, physical therapists, ergonomists, and administrators. It was found to be comfortable, easily adapted to, and promote a neutral wrist and forearm posture. It was the only vertical type mouse approved for staff use within UC Berkeley and for sale in the campus store at that time.
The images below are of the regular right hand model
- Comfortable and easy to use - The shape is thoughtfully sculpted for uncompromised comfort and easy-to-reach programmable buttons. No finger contortions are needed to operate the buttons.
- Improved thumb rest - The thumb rest has been reshaped to provide even more comfort over earlier versions.
- Now two thumb buttons - A new bottom thumb button provides greatly extended functionality when used with the included driver.
- Extended lip prevents rubbing - An extra wide lip along the bottom edge prevents the last finger from rubbing the desk.
- Adjustable optical sensor - Pointer speed controls on the side allow convenient adjustment without even releasing your grip from the mouse.
- Pointer speed indicators - Top mounted LEDs show through the chrome thumb rest to indicate selected pointer speed including extra low (XL), low (LO), MD (medium), to high (HI).
- Mini Receiver - The tiny 2.4 GHz receiver avoids being knocked off the side of a notebook computer.
- Powerful and intuitive driver - Evoluent Mouse Manager for Mac provides extensive but easy to use functionality for 6 buttons through a simple and intuitive interface.
Downloadable driver for programming 6 buttons. The driver is not required. VerticalMouse 4 still has basic functionality if the driver is not installed.
Basic functionality without a driver.
Hand Size for Evoluent VerticalMouse 4The Evoluent VerticalMouse 4 regular size models (Right Wireless, Right Mac, Right Bluetooth, Right and Left) are for hands at least about 7 inches or 178 mm from the tip of the middle finger to the wrist crease. Hands shorter than 7 inches/178 mm may be more suitable for the VerticalMouse 4 Small. To see which model fits you better, download a full-size pdf of this drawing, print it with scaling set to None and put your hand on it. If your hand is the same size or smaller than the drawing, the Small may fit you better than the regular size models.
|Compatible||Windows, Mac, Linux and Unix|
by KZ, McKinney, Texas