WorkRite 2181SN Banana-Board Keyboard Platform for Microsoft Natural
“Build your own system, base starts as keyboard tray only”
|UB-2181SN||Black UltraThin Microsoft Natural Banana Board Adjustable Keyboard Platform|
Microsoft Natural keyboard platform with sliding mouse platform for left or right handed use.
Includes the Optimizer Keyboard Platform Enhancement: The optimizer incorporates many of the unique features found in our best selling Banana-Board keyboard platform and is included with this platform at no additional charge.
Unique Mouse Forward Design: Mouse slide creates Mouse-Forward position for improved ergonomic comfort.
Fits the Following Worksurfaces
- Diagonal corners 12" or wider
- Curved corners 12" or larger radius
- 90 degree (converted to diagonal with 179ACD)
Designed for Microsoft Natural Keyboards: Shaped to follow the front contours of Microsoft Natural and Elite keyboards.
Mouse Forward: The Banana-Board Platform features a Mouse-Forward design, for easy movement within the primary reach zone
Thoughtful Features: All Ultra-Thin platforms have the Optimizer, an integrated keyboard cord management feature, along with a built-in document holder and mouse cord retainer.
Durable Platform: Our ¼" Ultra-Thin phenolic minimizes the distance between the forearm and thigh, providing a greater range of ergonomic fit.
- Patented design follows contour of Microsoft Natural and Natural Elite keyboards.
- Slide-out mouse platform provides MouseForward design.
- Designed specially for Microsoft Natural Keyboard.
- Fits curved corner over 12", diagonal corner over 12" and 90 degree corner with adapter.
- Ultra-thin phenolic platform design is contoured to accommodate the Microsoft Natural keyboard and includes our Optimizer document holder and cable management system
- Adjustable mouse platform slides easily from side to side for both left or right handed users
- Platform requires radius or diagonal of 12" or more for proper installation and use
- Available in black
- Mouse platform palm support sold separately
Option 1: Color
Option 2: Arm Type
Pinnacle 2 Arm - Pinnacle 2 Extended Arm - Pinnacle AD Arm - Budget Arm - Locking Lever Arm
Pinnacle 2 Arm
22" Track (recommended track length)
Pinnacle 2 Arm (Short Track)
17" Track (short track)
Pinnacle Arm 2 Extended
Longer Arm for corner area
Pinnacle Budget Arm
22" or 17" Budget Arm
Pinnacle AD Arm
Above Desk Range
Option 3: Wrist Rest
This item is a gel wrist rest only. Keyboard is not included.
Gel Wrist Rest for Microsoft Elite Keyboard, Palm Rest
Shown in black Lycra
Footprint Dimensions - 19" x 3" (483mm x 76mm)
Option 4: Clip-On Mouse Support
Easily clips on and off for storage
Clip On Mouse Support Model 2120
- Supports Wrist for Ergonomic Mousing
- Adds mouse area palm support to the following products
- Banana-Board REVO Platforms Mouse-Under Platforms 180S Platforms
- Easy to Attach
- Easily clips on and off for storage
Option 5: Swivel Plate
Swivel Plate 2179-SP: The swivel plate allows you to swivel your keyboard tray horizontally independent from the arm.
Allows keyboard and mouse platform to pivot an extra 45 degree for special mounting requirements.
- Easy to Install
- Mounts between the arm and keyboard platform.
- Weight 3 lbs
Option 6: Mounting Spacer
- Mounting Spacer (1/4" Thickness)
- Mounting Spacer (1/2" Thickness)
- Mounting Spacer (3/4" Thickness)
- Mounting Spacer (1" Thickness)
- Mounting Spacer (1 1/4" Thickness)
- Mounting Spacer (1 1/2" Thickness)
- Mounting Spacer (1 3/4" Thickness)
- Mounting Spacer (2" Thickness)
- Mounting Spacer is required only when the edge of your desk is thicker than the rest of the worksurface.
- Used to attach adjustable arm tracks when edge is thicker than worksurface.
- You can add spacer to make a flat surface under the desktop from front to back in order to install the Adjustable Arm.
- Available in 16" and 21" lengths (please specify).
Option 7: Corner Solution
- Dimensions: 12" W x 1 3/4" H.
- Adjusts to fit 1" to 2" thick work surfaces.
- Clamping design eliminates spacers.
- Converts 90 degree to useable work area.
- Weight: 3 Lbs.
- Color: Black
- a = 17.5" ... b = 9.25" ... c = 1.5"
- Move operator closer to work surface
- Designed specifically to fit model # 321 with Pinnacle 2 Arm. Also work with the following platform models: 187,188,487,488
- Converts 90 degree corners and diagonal corners less than 17" to useable work area
- Weight: 4 Lbs
- Color: Black/Gary
Option 8: Track Length
- Desk has more than 22" clear space under desktop, front to back
- Less than 22" and more than 17" clearance under desktop, front to back
- Desk has less than 17" clear space under desktop, front to back
Option 9: Positive Tilt Lock
It is a pin that is inserted in the arm to prevent the tilt from going to positive. It restricts the adjustable arms going to negative tilt range from -6 to -15 degrees.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Arm is the mechanism that enables you to adjust the keyboard. You attach the keyboard tray to the arm and track to make sure that the keyboard platform can adjust to the level that you want and also retracts under the worksurface. The clip on mouse support adds mouse area palm support to the platform and gets attached to the mouse platform next to the keyboard tray. The Swivel plate installs between the arm and the keyboard tray to provide 45 degree pivot to the keyboard tray. Spacer is needed if your desk has a lip and we need to flush the bottom of the desk to be able to install the track. Track length is to determine how much clearance you have underneath your desk. You need to ensure that there are no obstacles in the area that you need to install the track. The preferred track length is 22”, as it enables you to retract the keyboard tray fully underneath your desk. Positive tilt Lock is a pin that is inserted to prevent the tilt from going positive as it is not ergonomically sound and it would harm the wrist.
- 1 stars 0
- 2 stars 0
- 3 stars 0
- 4 stars 0
- 5 stars 1
by KWadeP, Albany, Oregon, Feb 13, 2017
I purchased and installed one of these keyboard shelves for my wife's computer desk several years ago and she has been very happy with it. So when my own keyboard shelf came apart recently (from a different manufacturer), I immediately ordered this keyboard tray from ErgoDirect. It is very well-constructed and easy to install, and adjusts easily for various needs. I definitely recommend it.
Workrite warrants to the original purchaser that the products it manufactures are free from defects in design, material and workmanship. Subject to the limitations below, Workrite warrants each product in this catalog to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the life of the product in its original installation. With prompt written notice, Workrite will repair or replace, free of charge, any product, part or component which fails under normal use as a result of such defect.
Sierra HX Height Adjustable Workcenter components - Limited Lifetime
Electric components, motors, frames, brackets and feet.
All of the following exceptions to the limited lifetime warranty apply:
Fundamentals Electric Height Adjustable Workcenter components - 10 years
Electric components, motors, frames, brackets and feet
Essentia Height Adjustable Workcenter components - 5 years
Electric components, motors, frames, brackets and feet
Laminated worksurfaces and modesty panels - 5 years
Sierra HXL Crank Height Adjustable Workcenter components - 5 years
Including crank mechanisms
Cascade Height Adjustable Workcenter components - 5 years
Including counter-balance mechanisms
Line of Sight electrical components and manual lifts - 5 years
Line of Sight frames and metal desk parts - 5 years
Monitor supports and mounts - 10 years
Solace Clamp-on sit-stand products - 5 years
Solace Desktop sit-stand products - 2 years
LED and florescent lighting fixtures - 5 years
Lighting transformers and fluorescent ballasts - 1 year
Tranquility Wool & PET Felt panels and mounts - 5 years
Tranquility Poly Panels - 2 years
Fabrics, modesty panels, custom products and special order items - 2 years
Mousing surfaces and Slide Guide - 1 year