Kinesis KB800HMB-us Freestyle2 Split Keyboard for Mac
9 inch separation. 2-port USB Hub
Dramatically thinner than the original Freestyle, the Kinesis KB800HMB-us Freestyle2 is ideal for both office and travel use. Retaining the same ergonomic features as its predecessor the Freestyle2 is the only keyboard that adjusts to each individual's unique body type - from petite to large frame.
Click on an image for a larger view
- Accommodates a wide range of humans - From small to tall and body types in between, the Freestyle2 allows for maximum flexibility catering to each individual's unique needs.
- Narrow foot print for comfortable mousing and keying - At only 15 3/8 inches wide the Freestyle2 provides for close placement of any pointing device reducing over reach issues.
- Pivot Tether - Both modules are connected together by a flexible pivot tether allowing an infinite range of splay and greatly reducing ulnar deviation.
- Slide Release Button - Each keyboard module incorporates a slide release button that allows the attachment of both the pivot tether and the Incline Accessory.
- Provides total separation of both keyboard modules - Disconnecting the privot tether allows up to eight inches of complete separation of both left and right keying modules. Perfect for individual needs ranging from a narrow footprint to complete separation. This design greatly reduces and/or eliminates ulnar deviation one of the leading causes of discomfort and pain while typing. Also available is a custom version that offers up 20 inches of separation.
- Sleek, low profile design - Most keyboards including ergonomic models have a 10 degree positive slope from front to back. These designs tend to bend your wrists (extension). The Freestyle2 has a zero degree slope which minimizes the height, effectively creating negative slope and reducing wrist extension.
- 2-Port 2.0 USB Hub - The 2-port 2.0 USB hub enables you to easily connect other input devices such as mice without having to access USB ports on your computer.
- Left Side Driverless Hot Keys - Driverless hot keys for commonly used mouse actions. (Internet Page Forward and Back, Beginning of Line, End of Line, Cut, Undo, Copy, Select All and Paste).
- Top Row Driverless Hot Keys - Like the new iMac keyboards plus more! Esc/force quit, Brightness, Exposé, Dashboard, Play Audio, Audio Volume, Dock, Eject & Off/Sleep (not shown)
- Double wide Escape and Fwd Delete keys - The Kinesis2 for Mac employs double wide Escape and Forward Delete keys making for an easier target for your fingers to press.
- Familiar key layout - Familiar key layout provides for minimal adaptation time.
- Quiet, tactile key switches - The Freestyle2 utilizes a quiet, low-force, tactile membrane key switch. The typical average maximum key force of a switch is 45 grams. This is at least 25% less than most traditional and many ergonomic keyboards such as the Microsoft 4000 with maximum key forces of over 60 grams.
- Warranty Two year limited warranty.
USB Cable Length
- Requires available USB port
- Will operate on virtually any USB system
- Driverless hot keys on left side only compatible with Mac operating systems
- Special actions on function keys F3, F4 & F11 require OS X 10.4 or newer
- Hot keys on F5-F7 require the Apple keyboard update 1.1. or newer.
- The Ultra-slim design of the Freestyle2 makes it ideal for both office and travel use
- Perfect for individuals requiring greater separation than what is provided by other ergonomic keyboards
- The best choice for companies that want to standardize on one keyboard for all but the most extreme ergonomic requirements. The Freestyle2 serves as an enhanced traditional compact keyboard but offers users the additional ability to splay and separate the two keying modules. Coupled with the user convertible configurations possible with the optional accessory kits, the Freestyle family offers the most configurations of any ergonomic keyboard, and at a very affordable price
- A great option for users that want to place a trackball, touchpad or a separate 10-key between the two modules
- Integrates well with Contour Design's RollerMouse
Literature (Please open the following documents for more technical information)
Frequently Asked Questions
Currently there is a limited number of Chrome OS-compatible keyboards available which are sold by manufacturers of Chrome OS Boxes (PC’s) and Chromebooks (Laptops). To the best of our knowledge, there is currently no Chrome OS-compatible split keyboard currently on the market. However, virtually all standard USB and Bluetooth keyboards and mice will work with Chrome OS. This is regardless of whether they were made for Windows, Mac, or Android. You may lose dedicated function keys, such as screen brightness buttons I described over the phone. Regular key functionality should remain the same.
|Warranty||Two year limited warranty|
|Maximum height||7/8 in|
|Compatible||With Mac OS 8.6 and higher. Driverless hot keys on left side only compatible with Mac operating systems|
|USB Cable Length||6 feet|
- 1 stars 0
- 2 stars 0
- 3 stars 0
- 4 stars 0
- 5 stars 0
Warranty and Return Policy
Please review the following (3) stipulations to the warranty and returns policy that are unique to the TKO keyboard.
Warranty: 1 year limited from date of purchase.
Returns: A $35 restocking fee will be charged for TKO keyboards that are returned without the hard-shell travel case included.
Warranty Exemption on Hot Swappable Switch Sockets: This Warranty does not apply to damage to switch sockets caused by the customer. If a customer receives a product with a broken switch they must contact Kinesis within 7 days of purchase and submit a Support Ticket documenting the switch failure. Damage to switch sockets reported after 7 days will be assumed to have been the fault of the customer and will not be covered under warranty. If Kinesis receives a returned keyboard after 7 days and determines that the failure was caused by a damaged socket, warranty coverage will be denied.
Please refer to the Kinesis Gaming Warranty Page for further information.